Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy First Birthday Andrew

Happy 1st Birthday Andrew!!!!
To my baby boy Andrew,

Happy Birthday my little man. I can’t believe you are 1 today. Where has the time gone? You are such a blessing from God. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 1 2 Corinthians 9:15
When I look at you I truly see the miracle that you are and how you are a creation from God. When I look at you I can’t help but be reminded of Jeremiah 1:5: “Before I formed you in your mother’s womb 1 I chose you. 2 Before you were born I set you apart. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations.” Knowing that the Lord picked you out and gave you to us is an amazing thing. I am so grateful to have you in my life.
Here I am the morning I gave birth to Andrew.
Looking back, I really don’t know where this past year has gone. You have always been a very sweet little thing. That is why I refer to you as my little sack of sugar, although you aren’t so little any more. When you were only a few months old we used to joke how you were just dying for us to look at you so you could smile, and now you are dying for us to look at you so you can laugh and smile! People used to say, “Look at those cheeks!” when they would see you. Your checks have gone away but now people comment on your beautiful blue eyes.
Birth Day

Andrew 3 Months Old



Andrew 6 Months Old


Andrew 9 Months Old

Right now here are the things you are doing:

  • Your point at everything and say “da”. It is like you are saying, “what is that?”

  • You are not walking yet but you are a super fast crawler. You really move it when I am telling you no and you are crawling away from me.

  • You eat everything. If you see watermelon and don’t get any, you let us know how upset your are.

  • You think it is hilarious when Clayton throws things (thank you for encouraging him) or jumps off his bed.

  • You like to sit on your knees.

  • You have the most pathetic cry face.

  • You like to play catch. You throw the ball to me and I hand it back to you and you throw it back again. You do this over and over.

  • You love to cuddle.
  • You are a climber. You always find a way to crawl onto the train table.


  • You like to crawl around with things in your hands, usually balls.
    You will be perfectly happy sitting there playing or with someone else holding you but if your daddy or I walk by you start crying.

Andrew, I know you will grow up to be an honorable young man and go on to do great things. However, the proudest moment for me will not be your high school graduation, college graduation, or t he day you get married but it will be the day you come to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Just as it says in 3 John 1:4: I have no greater joy than this: to hear that my children are living according to the truth.

While I hope to teach you many things over your lifetime if you can only learn one thing from me I pray you will learn that following:

Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.” For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. John 3:14-40

I pray that you know the Lord and love Him with all your heart and that you follow His will for your life.

Praise be to God for you my little man. I love you.

Your Mama.




No comments: