Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Conversations with Clayton




Here are 4 conversations I have had with Clayton in the past two days.

Conversation 1:

I walked into our office/toy room and said, "Look at this place. It is a mess." Clayton responded with, "Garfield did it."

Keep in mind we don't have any pets. Clayton does love the movie Garfield though. There is a scene in the movie where Garfield knocks over bookcases and makes a big mess.

Conversation 2:

Clayton went to the bathroom and I was so happy to hear that he was washing his hands after he went without me prompting him to do so. After a few minutes I decide to walk into the bathroom since I thought he was taking a little too long. I found him with the sink half filled with bubbles and he was splashing water every where, including the walls. I proceeded to tell him that I have enough to clean up without him making more messes.

He looked at my and while patting my back and said, "It will be okay. It will be okay. You will be fine."

Conversation 3:

I was unloading the dishwasher when Clayton asked me what I was doing. I told him, "I am unloading the dishwasher and when you get older you will get to do it lots and lots (a phrase he uses). He responded with, "that be scary."
Conversation 4:
"Mommy, I want zero cookies"
"Clayton, you can have all the zero cookies you want."

Other little things that Clayton is saying right now.

The other morning I woke up at 6 a.m. to Clayton singing at the top of his lungs- It's a Small World.
I will say something very basic and boring like, "lets go brush your teeth" Clayton will respond in the most energetic voice with an " Oh boy!" while swinging his arm.

Other responses include, "that be awesome" and "that be fun. All right"

Another funny thing that happened today:
We made Halloween cookies and I let the boys have one this morning. They were eating there cookies when I got a phone call and had to answer the phone in the office. Clayton finished his cookie and came in the office. Since Clayton came into the office without Andrew I asked Clayton to go see what Andrew was doing. Clayton walked into the kitchen and said, "Oh no!" I instantly knew what was going on. I waked into the kitchen and found him standing on his blue table helping himself to more cookies. Clayton ran over and decided to help himself to some more as well.


3 comments:

Brooks Family said...

Those are funny!

Alice said...

How cute!!! We would love to have some cookies with Clayton and Andrew.....if there are any left.....heehee

Kristen said...

Been meaning to comment on this post...our lives are so similar right now :) Even the funny little things our boys say...some of Jackson's are "that's a great idea, mommy" or "that'd be cool"
Can't wait for you guys to be back in GA.